Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
Song Stats / Contribution System / Proof Guide
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 60, 61, 62  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
bilrot  

PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2006 12:07 pm    Post subject: Contrib points without photo? Reply with quote

I've been a member since 2/4/06 and have submitted close to 200 scores. None of them are groundbreaking, so it should be logical to you that they are legit. What I would like to know is there any way I can earn contrib points without photo proof. (I don't have the technology) I could help narrow things down on quite a few songs if you could take my submissions as the truth. BTW this site is so cool--I'm on it almost every day since I still have a lot to accomplish in Guitar Hero.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2006 1:02 pm    Post subject: Re: Contrib points without photo? Reply with quote

bilrot wrote:
What I would like to know is there any way I can earn contrib points without photo proof. (I don't have the technology) I could help narrow things down on quite a few songs if you could take my submissions as the truth.

As I've told jkshift, I will accept proof-by-word for trustworthy people which, based on your history here, will assume you are. jkshift made his own topic and started posting his cutoffs which I acknowledged and awarded contribution points. Since there seems to be more interest, I will make a Sticky in the Accomplishments forum for people like you to post such proofs.

However, I have to make restrictions on how I give contribution since these proofs carry less weight than photo-proofs and can be faked to gain more contribution (i.e. if someone knows from their score that a cutoff is greater than 50,000, but the current bound is 45,000, they could post that it's greater than 46,000 and then 47,000 and so on, requesting a contrib point each time).

So what I'll do is award 1 contribution point for each song that someone helps narrow down (regardless by how much), and then a second point if the proof results in the cutoff being known within 1000 points, and possibly a third if they can get within 100. This way you can earn up to 3 points per song without submitting any photos (and will hopefully encourage others to try and get screenshots of the exact cutoffs as they become significantly narrowed down).

PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2006 7:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Stupid question - what are contribution points for?

Goal: 5* Hard
FOP [X]
PP(LL) [X]
OFTR [X]
6 [3.6]
TH [4.0]
Drakken  

PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2006 8:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's not a stupid question - at the moment, they can't be used for anything. In the future, though, JCirri (site owner) plans on allowing people with a certain number of contribution points to have special privileges.
10 million (currently 10.53 million!)

FC Epic

Cyberscore - Great high scores site for other games
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: Drakken688
Matt  

PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2006 8:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Possibilities include having your own private forum within the ScoreHero forums, which you can moderate, and choose who can see or post in your forum.

Feel free to post any ideas of your own that you may have as well.
cheesethrower  

PostPosted: Sat Mar 18, 2006 9:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Do these scores include having used star power? Just making sure, becaues I have some scores I got that are a bit higher than the cutoff points, thus, not being able to submit them.
JCirri  

PostPosted: Sat Mar 18, 2006 10:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

cheesethrower wrote:
Do these scores include having used star power? Just making sure, becaues I have some scores I got that are a bit higher than the cutoff points, thus, not being able to submit them.

I'm not sure you completely understand the concept behind the cutoffs.

For each song a certain score is required to get 4-stars and another higher score is required to get 5-stars. These score values are what I'm calling 4-Star Cutoff and 5-Star Cutoff and they're different for each song/difficulty. It doesn't matter if you use star power or not. Getting a score above the "5-star cutoff" will result in 5-stars. If you get a score between the 4-star and 5-star cutoffs then you'll get 4-stars, and otherwise if your score is below the 4-star cutoff then you'll get 3-stars.

The ranges that are shown simply indicate that the real cutoff is somewhere between the range and we don't know exactly what it is. So if you get a score within the range, you can submit a screenshot showing the score and star-rating as proof to help narrow the cutoff range. Clearly it is possible to get scores higher than these ranges, but they don't help narrow the ranges which is why you can't submit them.

Hopefully this will clear things up. But let me know if I misunderstood your question.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 18, 2006 11:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ah, ok, that makes more sense. Sorry for the misunderstanding. I'll work on getting scores within those barriers then.
Haggarduser  

PostPosted: Sun Mar 19, 2006 12:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have a question. What can you do with contribution points?
JCirri  

PostPosted: Sun Mar 19, 2006 1:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Currently nothing, except built them up for future use.

But fairly soon I'm going to allow access to more features as you gain more contribution. For example, right now you can only store up to 3 scores per song. If you reach a certain contribution level I am going to raise the limit to 5 or 10 scores per song.

Some other plans for using contribution points include a private forum that a user may manage himself.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 19, 2006 6:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you started up a store, it'd be awesome if you could use contribution points to buy stuff, like stickers and media.
And since you disable the links to the 'submit proof' buttons after you have the information, eventually you wouldn't be able to get any more contribution points. I guess as long as there are sequels, there will be songs to contibute statistics for.
JCirri  

PostPosted: Sun Mar 19, 2006 7:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It will be a VERY long time before every cutoff is known exactly (in fact it'll most likely never happen). So you don't have to worry about not being able to get points.

A contribution store seems like a good idea for buying new features for your account, I'll see what I can do.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 25, 2006 7:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

hey i wanted to add a score to the cut off range but my score is outside of the range, so obviously the range is wrong, but it wont let me submit my score because it is outside of the range... it is heart full of black on hard, for the five star cut off, here is a link to my pic...

http://community.webshots.com/myphotos?action=showPhoto&albumID=493711414&photoID=2144931490080591309&security=RQbVtJ
JCirri  

PostPosted: Sat Mar 25, 2006 9:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks. The cutoff range has been updated and I've submitted/approved a proof for you with your screenshot.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 27, 2006 4:09 pm    Post subject: How to contribute? Reply with quote

Dumb question, how do I go about contributing to the 4-star, 5-star and 100% for Contribution cutoffs? Email the pics or is there a way to post through the site?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Website Discussion All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 60, 61, 62  Next
Page 2 of 62

Jump to: