ScoreHero
Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
music desyncs from chart on long songs

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Misc GH Game Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
nfntjy  

PostPosted: Sun Apr 28, 2013 4:22 am    Post subject: music desyncs from chart on long songs Reply with quote

Anybody else experience this? My guess is that it has to do with the newer console. This never happened on my old 2005 Xbox, but after I purchased the halo console it happens on any long songs on multiple GH games.

I can confirm this for gh3 and Metallica and I think smash hits. I could test the other games(or rock bands) if anyone cares.

basically what happens is as songs go on, the music gets ahead of the charts. The longer the song, the worse it gets. They start off in synch and gradually desynch. This is not noticeable on shorter- or average-length songs. Long songs become effectively unplayable.

couldn't find anything on google (mostly got tips for calibration).
ricecake  

PostPosted: Tue Apr 30, 2013 2:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Does it resync if you pause and then unpause? I seem to remember this happening on my PS2 a long time ago.

PostPosted: Thu May 02, 2013 2:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Never thought to try pause. I'll try it next time I play and report back.
wa1Do  

PostPosted: Tue May 07, 2013 6:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This happens to me as well and I think it is because of the slim Xbox. Pausing fixes it for me though.
Airtrooper719  

PostPosted: Wed May 29, 2013 10:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Happening to me aswell on GH3, GHWT and GH5.

One song I get it very bad on is Ernten whateverthe hell its called DLC from GH3. I get to the last solo and the music is fine, but the notes are pushed upwards meaning i have to play AFTER the note on the music track plays. It also happens alot on Pull Me Under... that easy rhythm at the end loses sync and just pisses me off.

I have tried all sorts of configs and lag compensation.

LG 19" PC Monitor connected to Xbox Slim via VGA cable and tried both my optical audio soundbar system and another RCA and line in cheap logitech sound system.

Panasonic Viera 50" HD TV with combos of the above audio, tried VGA to TV PC input and an expensive high-speed HDMI cable.

Game mode tried on both screens, surround sound tried on/off even put the xbox on the worst resolutiins and picture qualities all to no avail.

Lucky for me I have got an old xbox and I will give it a try later, I actually prefer to play on the HDTV because when i use the PC monitor the actual chart is always behind the music on 0/0 and all lag values tried in otherwords I got a HUGE back window on the hitbox but absolutely no front meaning a note played by ear on time will not count. it has to be a delayed hit or perfect. almost like a half assed precision mode but is a huge inconveniance when playing and all competiveness goes out the window when playing online

Will update you all when tried
Airtrooper719  

PostPosted: Thu May 30, 2013 2:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well just plugged the old xbox into my HDTV setup kept all settings the same and playes Pull Me Under again and guess what... no sync issues

Damn it was nice to play a song to the actual timing for a change!

Hope this helps you guys, I would be confident if you swapped boxes for an old non slim unit then the chart will stay in sync... regardless of your audio/display configs (not talking about lag here just sync)

This topic should be pinned everywhere im sure there are loads of victims and I found nothing on google surprisingly.

Guitarherodude12  

PostPosted: Mon Jul 08, 2013 11:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes Is happening to me right now! Ugh is there any fix for this? #disappointed

GHSH: 40/48 FC's 6th Place! | GHWT: 79/86 FC's 7th Place! | GH3: 67/70 FC's Top 50!

TTFAF - 837k 97% :P

Proud Christian
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Misc GH Game Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: